Breakfast in bed for mother of sextuplets
FEASTERVILLE, Pa. - May 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- It was an early Mother's Day surprise for a Feasterville woman Friday.
Stacey Carey got to eat breakfast in bed, something she hasn't been able to do over the course of the past year.
"Our breakfast in bed contest, this is going to be great," said Celebrity chef, Emeril Lagasse.
Anyone in the Feasterville neighborhood had to know that something was going on Friday morning. Celebrity Chef Emeril Lagasse, a full high school marching band, dozens upon dozens of people with signs, and a police blockade could not be ignored.
Stacy was really surprised. The mother of one gave birth to six more children at Abington Hospital nearly a year ago.
The odds were against all of the sextuplets surviving.
Stacey and husband Brenden fought through their hardships and won.
As a gift, Stacey's friends nominated her to receive a Mother's Day breakfast in bed live on Good Morning America.
"The road that they have really crossed is unbelievable," said Emeril Lagasse. "So, I wish them the best. I wish Stacey a Happy Mother's Day."
Stacey's plate was filled with a giant waffle with fresh toppings, plus candied bacon, and a cool fruit smoothie to wash it down, all served on the Carey's front lawn in a giant bed.
Understandably, the family was more focused on being together, something that was not a given last year.
Stacey insists, up until the last moment, she had no idea.
"I thought I was going to breakfast with my girlfriend," said Stacey. "They were supposed to be picking me up to go to breakfast. That's the only reason why I'm dressed. Normally, I'd be in my pajamas and glasses."
"Just keeping her away from the door and not answering the phone was tough," said Brenden Carey. "And when people were going back and forth doing their things, keeping her away was tough."
As for what is happening on Sunday, Mother's Day, Brenden plans on making his wife breakfast again.
"It's just going to be me, and it's not going to be outside," Brenden said.
sextuplets, good morning america, bucks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 6 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply