Suspect wanted in Del. pub assault
NEWARK, Del. - May 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are asking for the public's help in finding a man they say pulled a knife on patrons during an argument outside a Newark, Delaware pub.
The incident happened May 10 outside McGlynn's Pub on the unit block of Polly Drummond Hill Road.
Authorities say a 30-year-old, and a 22-year-old woman were leaving the pub, when the woman accidently bumped into another female patron. The female patron and her companion 26-year-old Shawn C. Bottjer began shouting at the couple.
According to police, Bottjer and his companion continued to shout at the couple as they walked to their car. At one point the woman attempted to apologize to the female patron to no avail.
The shouting continued and the 30-year-old male walked over to intervene. During the confrontation, an unknown person allegedly struck the male in the head with a bottle.
Police say Bottler pulled a knife, trying to stab the male victim but instead stabbed the 22-year-old female in the arm.
After the scuffle, all three fled the scene. Both victims were taken to Christiana Hospital where they were treated and released.
Bottjer is wanted on a number of charges stemming from the incident. Delaware State Police are asking anyone with information on his whereabouts to call them at 302-633-5000.
delaware, newark, stabbing, fight, local/state
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Very unsettled Thursday 20 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years 42 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall