Local mother, pet Yorkie prepare for Komen for the Cure
May 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A local woman and her family are preparing for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Saturday night including their 6 pound Yorkie.
Ninah and her Yorkie, Sophie will be walking in honor of her grandmother she lost to breast cancer and the other women in her life who have also been affected by the disease.
Ninah says she is proud to join the extraordinary group of people walking to find a cure.
breast cancer, mothers day, philadelphia, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 38 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
1 min ago