$5,000 reward offfered for Delco smash, grab
RADNOR TWP., Pa. - May 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware County Police are offering a substantial reward to get a group of jewelry thieves off the streets.
It was Wednesday, February 22nd, shortly before 5:00pm at the Bernie Robbins Store on Lancaster Avenue in Radnor Township.
Surveillance video shows the group of masked men smashing the glass cases filled with high-end watches.
Police say one of the thieves wore a security jacket pretending to be a guard so that staff would buzz them in to the locked store.
There robbers made terrified employees and customers sit on the floor before making a bee-line to the cases and scooping out every watch in sight.
Police say the men were very organized and methodical, and it is believed they may be part of an organized gang.
The Citizens Crime Commission is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the people responsible for these crimes.
"The watches are out there. People know who did this. Call the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS, $5,000 reward, no questions asked" says Santo Montecalvo.
If you recognize the robbers on the surveillance video, make the anonymous call to the Crime Commission. It could be worth $5,000.
crimefighters, robbery, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state, rick williams
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road 6 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft 11 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Charges filed in alleged chop shop raid in N. Phila. 11 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
6 min ago
- Police question suspect in Christmas...
11 min ago