$5,000 reward offfered for Delco smash, grab
RADNOR TWP., Pa. - May 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware County Police are offering a substantial reward to get a group of jewelry thieves off the streets.
It was Wednesday, February 22nd, shortly before 5:00pm at the Bernie Robbins Store on Lancaster Avenue in Radnor Township.
Surveillance video shows the group of masked men smashing the glass cases filled with high-end watches.
Police say one of the thieves wore a security jacket pretending to be a guard so that staff would buzz them in to the locked store.
There robbers made terrified employees and customers sit on the floor before making a bee-line to the cases and scooping out every watch in sight.
Police say the men were very organized and methodical, and it is believed they may be part of an organized gang.
The Citizens Crime Commission is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the people responsible for these crimes.
"The watches are out there. People know who did this. Call the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS, $5,000 reward, no questions asked" says Santo Montecalvo.
If you recognize the robbers on the surveillance video, make the anonymous call to the Crime Commission. It could be worth $5,000.
crimefighters, robbery, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state, rick williams
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Shelter Me: Voorhees Animal Orphanage
52 min ago