$5,000 reward offfered for Delco smash, grab
RADNOR TWP., Pa. - May 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware County Police are offering a substantial reward to get a group of jewelry thieves off the streets.
It was Wednesday, February 22nd, shortly before 5:00pm at the Bernie Robbins Store on Lancaster Avenue in Radnor Township.
Surveillance video shows the group of masked men smashing the glass cases filled with high-end watches.
Police say one of the thieves wore a security jacket pretending to be a guard so that staff would buzz them in to the locked store.
There robbers made terrified employees and customers sit on the floor before making a bee-line to the cases and scooping out every watch in sight.
Police say the men were very organized and methodical, and it is believed they may be part of an organized gang.
The Citizens Crime Commission is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the people responsible for these crimes.
"The watches are out there. People know who did this. Call the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS, $5,000 reward, no questions asked" says Santo Montecalvo.
If you recognize the robbers on the surveillance video, make the anonymous call to the Crime Commission. It could be worth $5,000.
crimefighters, robbery, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state, rick williams
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 38 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 19 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 55 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 11 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ