Autopsy set for man found dead on Atlantic City, NJ beach
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - May 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- An autopsy will be performed Tuesday on a man found dead along the Atlantic City shoreline.
Police say an Atlantic City Public Works Supervisor made the discovery at 5:30 a.m. Monday on the beach at Boston Avenue near the water's edge.
Police say the 60-year-old man was fully clothed and did not have any obvious injuries.
The Atlantic County Medical Examiner will conduct an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
Authorities say the man's name is being withheld until his relatives can be notified.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Detective Paul Barbere of the Atlantic City Police Department Criminal Investigations Unit at 609-347-5766.
new jersey, atlantic city, atlantic county, body found, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police