Dozens displaced by Delco apartment fire
SHARON HILL, Pa. - May 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fire tore through a Delaware County apartment building late Tuesday night.
Flames broke out at about 10:00 p.m. in building E at the Spring Village Apartments, located on the 600 block of Polar Street in Sharon Hill.
Fire crews pulled one person from the building. Paramedics treated the person at the scene, and at this point there is no word on that person's exact condition.
The fire has left 12 people from four families homeless. Four other families are trying to determine if they will be able to return to their apartments.
The Red Cross of Southeastern Pennsylvania is helping those who are displaced with food, clothing and temporary shelter at a nearby motel.
pennsylvania, fire, delaware county, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash