"Black Madam" to stand trial in butt injection case
PHILADELPHIA - May 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia woman who calls herself the "Black Madam" was ordered Wednesday to stand trial on allegations she administered illegal buttock-injections, procedures that authorities say caused serious medical problems in at least one case.
Padge Windslowe, 42, faces charges of aggravated assault and deceptive practices related to a so-called pumping party in Philadelphia.
An exotic dancer testified at a preliminary hearing Wednesday that she paid $1,000 for the injections on a dining room table. She said she met Windslowe through fellow dancers. The dancer said Windslowe had silicon in a water bottle and used Krazy Glue to close four injection sites.
The 23-year-old said she later suffered serious lung damage and was hospitalized for more than two weeks with respiratory problems. A doctor testified that the dancer has silicone particles on her lungs that can't be removed and can prove fatal.
Police believe Windslowe also injected 20-year-old London tourist Claudia Aderotimi, who died last year. Aderotimi complained of chest pain and difficulty breathing following the procedure at a hotel near Philadelphia International Airport. No charges have been filed in her death as detectives await extensive autopsy test results.
Windslowe was being held on $750,000 bail.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 18 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 45 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide 24 min ago
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution' 57 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
24 min ago