NJ Gov. Christie, Cory Booker in Seinfeld video parody
TRENTON, N.J. - May 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and the mayor of New Jersey's largest city are channeling the Seinfeld-Newman rivalry in a video parody that spoofs the mayor's heroics and Christie's vice presidential potential.
The Republican governor finds himself thwarted at do-gooding by Newark Mayor Cory Booker. The Democrat rescued a neighbor from a fire last month.
Booker tells Christie "I got this" as he fixes the governor's flat tire, helps Bruce Springsteen replace a missing guitar and Tebows after catching a baby dropped from a state Capitol balcony before Christie's eyes.
Each time, Christie grits his teeth and says "Booker!"
Booker is then shown on a phone telling Mitt Romney he wouldn't make a good running mate. Christie grabs the receiver, saying: "Excuse me mayor, I got this."
The video played at Tuesday's New Jersey Press Association's Legislative Correspondents Club show.
new jersey, gov. chris christie, local/state
- 37 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado 29 min ago
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Conn. commuter rail service to resume Wednesday 57 min ago
- Nurse viciously attacked outside Cooper Hospital
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Publicist: Founding member of The Doors dies at 74
- Diet Detours: Healthy grilling
- 37 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
29 min ago