NJ Gov. Christie, Cory Booker in Seinfeld video parody
TRENTON, N.J. - May 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and the mayor of New Jersey's largest city are channeling the Seinfeld-Newman rivalry in a video parody that spoofs the mayor's heroics and Christie's vice presidential potential.
The Republican governor finds himself thwarted at do-gooding by Newark Mayor Cory Booker. The Democrat rescued a neighbor from a fire last month.
Booker tells Christie "I got this" as he fixes the governor's flat tire, helps Bruce Springsteen replace a missing guitar and Tebows after catching a baby dropped from a state Capitol balcony before Christie's eyes.
Each time, Christie grits his teeth and says "Booker!"
Booker is then shown on a phone telling Mitt Romney he wouldn't make a good running mate. Christie grabs the receiver, saying: "Excuse me mayor, I got this."
The video played at Tuesday's New Jersey Press Association's Legislative Correspondents Club show.
new jersey, gov. chris christie, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos