NJ social worker charged for sex with teen
BRIDGETON, N.J. - May 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A social worker from Cumberland County has been charged with having sex with a teenage boy under her supervision.
Stacey Johnson, 44, of Bridgeton, NJ, is charged with sexual assault in connection with two incidents, one in February in Vineland, the other earlier this month in Bridgeton.
Prosecutors say Johnson had sex with the 16-year-old boy first when he was enrolled in the Vineland Public Schools where she was assigned as his social worker, then again in Bridgeton, after the boy had turned 17.
Johnson is also charged with witness tampering. Prosecutors say after she learned of the investigation Johnson urged the boy not to speak with police.
Johnson was charged Tuesday. Bail was set at $100,000 cash.
new jersey, teens, sex assault, cumberland county, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 1 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
1 min ago