Death of Lancaster woman, 83, probed as homicide
LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) - May 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in central Pennsylvania say they are investigating the death of an elderly woman as a homicide.
Officers were dispatched to a Lancaster apartment just before 9 a.m. Wednesday to investigate a report of a cardiac arrest.
Lt. Todd Umstead said in a statement that they found the body of an 83-year-old woman in the kitchen with traumatic wounds to her neck.
Police said no weapon was found. The woman's name was not released.
pennsylvania, lancaster county, homicide, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)