Death of Lancaster woman, 83, probed as homicide
LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) - May 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in central Pennsylvania say they are investigating the death of an elderly woman as a homicide.
Officers were dispatched to a Lancaster apartment just before 9 a.m. Wednesday to investigate a report of a cardiac arrest.
Lt. Todd Umstead said in a statement that they found the body of an 83-year-old woman in the kitchen with traumatic wounds to her neck.
Police said no weapon was found. The woman's name was not released.
pennsylvania, lancaster county, homicide, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 36 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 41 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
36 min ago
- Kevin Grow suits up with Harlem Globetrotters
47 min ago
- Milder Monday
39 min ago