Two dead in Egg Harbor crash
EGG HARBOR, N.J. - May 17, 3012 (WPVI) -- Two people are dead after a vehicle slammed into trees Thursday morning in Atlantic County, New Jersey.
The crash occurred at approximately 2:30 a.m, at the intersection of Philadelphia Avenue and Moss Mill Road in Egg Harbor.
Police say a Chevy Impala driven by Kevin Jepson, 21, of Lower Bank, was traveling northbound on Philadelphia Avenue when he lost control of the vehicle, crossed the opposite lane of traffic, and then crashed into trees.
Jepson was pronounced dead at the scene.
The passenger,Christopher Keating Jr., 23, of Egg Harbor City, was seriously injured and air lifted to AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center where he later died.
The Egg Harbor City Police Department responded to the crash scene and contacted the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office Fatal Collisions Unit.
Both agencies are investigating the crash.
new jersey, accident, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 38 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 14 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 26 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
18 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
38 min ago