2 in custody after Collingdale standoff
COLLINGDALE, Pa. - May 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men are now in police custody after a standoff outside a Delaware County home Thursday morning.
Police SWAT teams were called to the scene of a barricade situation on the 100 block of Chester Pike in Collingdale, Pennsylvania.
Chopper 6 was over the scene as SWAT team officers extracted two men from the house in handcuffs.
Officers then entered the house and gave the all clear.
There is no word at this time on the nature of the standoff.
Chester Pike was closed between Calcon Hook Rd and Pine Street during the incident. The roadway has since reopened.
delaware county, pennsylvania, standoff, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Delco 2nd grade teacher charged with assault 13 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 38 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 49 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 46 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 45 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 36 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
38 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with...
49 min ago