2 in custody after Collingdale standoff
COLLINGDALE, Pa. - May 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men are now in police custody after a standoff outside a Delaware County home Thursday morning.
Police SWAT teams were called to the scene of a barricade situation on the 100 block of Chester Pike in Collingdale, Pennsylvania.
Chopper 6 was over the scene as SWAT team officers extracted two men from the house in handcuffs.
Officers then entered the house and gave the all clear.
There is no word at this time on the nature of the standoff.
Chester Pike was closed between Calcon Hook Rd and Pine Street during the incident. The roadway has since reopened.
delaware county, pennsylvania, standoff, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1