2 in custody after Collingdale standoff
COLLINGDALE, Pa. - May 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men are now in police custody after a standoff outside a Delaware County home Thursday morning.
Police SWAT teams were called to the scene of a barricade situation on the 100 block of Chester Pike in Collingdale, Pennsylvania.
Chopper 6 was over the scene as SWAT team officers extracted two men from the house in handcuffs.
Officers then entered the house and gave the all clear.
There is no word at this time on the nature of the standoff.
Chester Pike was closed between Calcon Hook Rd and Pine Street during the incident. The roadway has since reopened.
delaware county, pennsylvania, standoff, local/state
- Death toll lowered in Okla. twister; 24 dead 56 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- Delaware trash can explosion leaves 1 injured 35 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids
- Larry Holmes wins round in Pa. parking dispute
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Death toll lowered in Okla. twister; 24 dead
56 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos