DA: Underwear thief looked up skirt at mall
NORRISTOWN, Pa. - May 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- The man previously charged with allegedly stealing a woman's underwear has been arrested on charges he used a camera to look up a woman's skirt at the King of Prussia Mall.
Kornwell Chan of Dresher, Pa., was arrested after the incident on Sunday.
According to District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman, Chan was spotted by a loss prevention officer who recognized him from a flier handed out a few months before.
That flier was produced after a September incident in which a man was spotted looking up a woman's dress with a hidden camera. However, his identity was unknown at the time.
Police were called and officers found Chan allegedly holding a bag with a hidden camera inside. Police reviewed that video and allegedly found footage of Chan following a woman inside the JC Penney store and placing the camera under her skirt, showing her underwear.
Chan previously was arrested in January 2012. In that case, investigators said, Chan met a female victim at the Oreland train station and, over the ensuing weeks, engaged in a course of conduct that made the female so uncomfortable that she began to actively seek ways to avoid running into him during her morning commute.
Chan then burglarized the victim's home, the D.A. said, stealing only her bras and panties. During his time in the victim's home, Chan allegedly turned all of the family photographs face-down with the exception of a photograph of the victim. Her photograph was left upright and moved onto the dining room table, the D.A. said.
Chan had been out on $100,000 bail. The D.A.'s office has filed a bail revocation motion due to the new charges.
In the meantime, Chan is being held on $500,000 bail.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, stalking, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting 31 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere 17 min ago
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs