NJ man charged with murdering nephew
DEPTFORD, N.J. - May 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- A southern New Jersey man has been charged with stabbing his 20-year-old nephew to death during a family argument.
Police arrested Chad Gatewood on Friday.
Authorities say Gatewood and his nephew, Elijah Gatewood-Gabriel, were arguing around midnight in the Deptford apartment where they lived, along with the younger man's mother, when it turned violent.
Gatewood and the victim's mother were both treated for cuts on their hand.
Gatewood is held in the Gloucester County Jail on $300,000 bail, charged with murder and weapons offenses.
new jersey, gloucester county, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 58 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 34 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila. after-hours club 19 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet 38 min ago
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila....
19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
58 min ago