NJ man charged with murdering nephew
DEPTFORD, N.J. - May 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- A southern New Jersey man has been charged with stabbing his 20-year-old nephew to death during a family argument.
Police arrested Chad Gatewood on Friday.
Authorities say Gatewood and his nephew, Elijah Gatewood-Gabriel, were arguing around midnight in the Deptford apartment where they lived, along with the younger man's mother, when it turned violent.
Gatewood and the victim's mother were both treated for cuts on their hand.
Gatewood is held in the Gloucester County Jail on $300,000 bail, charged with murder and weapons offenses.
new jersey, gloucester county, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 37 min ago