Man injured in jet ski crash on Delaware River
PHILADELPHIA - May 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person was injured in a jet ski accident on the Delaware River.
It happened around 2:30 Friday afternoon on the river between a naval base and Bellmawr, New Jersey.
Authorities say 23-year-old Casey Shubert was on his jet ski when he tried to ride a wave created by a tugboat.
As he tried to maneuver, the wave knocked him off the jet ski and left him unconscious.
Shubert was wearing a lifejacket and a tugboat crew member was able to tow him to safety.
The victim was taken to Hahnemann Hospital in critical condition.
An investigation into the accident continues.
philadelphia, accident, water rescue, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash