Police search for driver in deadly Del. crash
LAUREL, Del. - May 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware are asking for the public's help in finding a motorcyclist they say was involved in a deadly crash.
It happened around 9:00 Friday morning along Sycamore Road in Laurel, Delaware.
Authorities say 28-year-old Matthew A. Kondash was operating his motorcycle when a pedestrian was struck and killed.
Originally Kondash was flown from the crash scene to Christiana Hospital for what were believed to be serious injuries.
Further examination at the hospital found that Kondash's injuries were not extremely serious and he was released before investigators got a chance to speak with him.
Police say they have not been able to get into contact with him.
Kondash faces charges for manslaughter, driving with a suspended license, among others - all related to the crash.
Anyone who knows his whereabouts is urged to contact Delaware State Police at 302-644-5020 ext 118.
delaware, sussex county, accident, motorcycles, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos