Police search for driver in deadly Del. crash
LAUREL, Del. - May 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware are asking for the public's help in finding a motorcyclist they say was involved in a deadly crash.
It happened around 9:00 Friday morning along Sycamore Road in Laurel, Delaware.
Authorities say 28-year-old Matthew A. Kondash was operating his motorcycle when a pedestrian was struck and killed.
Originally Kondash was flown from the crash scene to Christiana Hospital for what were believed to be serious injuries.
Further examination at the hospital found that Kondash's injuries were not extremely serious and he was released before investigators got a chance to speak with him.
Police say they have not been able to get into contact with him.
Kondash faces charges for manslaughter, driving with a suspended license, among others - all related to the crash.
Anyone who knows his whereabouts is urged to contact Delaware State Police at 302-644-5020 ext 118.
delaware, sussex county, accident, motorcycles, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 25 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape