Motorcyclist killed in crash involving NJ freeholder
EAGLESWOOD TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - May 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 24-year-old motorcyclist was killed when his bike and car driven by an Ocean County freeholder collided on a highway in New Jersey this weekend.
The Press of Atlantic City reports William Kolb of Barnegat was southbound on Route 9 in Eagleswood Township when the crash occurred around 6:30 p.m. Friday.
He had just passed a vehicle and returned to his lane when his motorcycle collided with a northbound sport utility vehicle driven by 61-year-old John "Jack" Kelly of Eagleswood, who was making a left turn into a local deli.
Kolb was thrown from the motorcycle and was pronounced dead at the scene. Kelly, who has been a freeholder since 1993, escaped injury.
State police are investigating the accident, which remained under investigation Saturday.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City
new jersey, ocean county, motorcycles, accident, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos