Bystander shot at Ogontz bus stop
PHILADELPHIA - May 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A young woman is in critical condition after being struck by a stray bullet while waiting at a bus stop Saturday night.
It happened around 7:30pm in the 6600 block of Ogontz Avenue.
Police say the 20 year old woman was at the bus stop when she was hit by a stray bullet. She was shot once in the mouth.
She was rushed to Einstein Hospital in critical condition with a gunshot wound to the mouth.
Police are looking for a black male, wearing a gray shirt who fled southbound on Ogontz Avenue driving a gray Chrysler minivan.
shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 17 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester 52 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar 58 min ago
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor