Bystander shot at Ogontz bus stop
PHILADELPHIA - May 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A young woman is in critical condition after being struck by a stray bullet while waiting at a bus stop Saturday night.
It happened around 7:30pm in the 6600 block of Ogontz Avenue.
Police say the 20 year old woman was at the bus stop when she was hit by a stray bullet. She was shot once in the mouth.
She was rushed to Einstein Hospital in critical condition with a gunshot wound to the mouth.
Police are looking for a black male, wearing a gray shirt who fled southbound on Ogontz Avenue driving a gray Chrysler minivan.
shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Woman hospitalized in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore