Roosevelt Blvd reopens after 2-car crash
HUNTING PARK - May 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Roosevelt Boulevard has reopened after a two-car crash that sent three people to the hospital and shut down part of the highway.
The accident happened around 5:30 Sunday morning near Broad Street
Authorities say an SUV was reportedly travelling south in the northbound lane. The vehicle then collided with another car before striking a retaining wall.
Firefighters worked to free at least two victims trapped inside one of the vehicles.
Three people were taken to Temple University hospital for various injuries. No word on their conditions.
The northbound lanes of the highway were shut down for hours but reopened shortly after 9:00 a.m.
Still no word what sparked the crash. Police continue to investigate.
philadelphia, hunting park, accident, roosevelt boulevard, local/state
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 17 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 36 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 7 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
7 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos