Pa. couple rescued after boat capsizes in NJ
ASBURY PARK, N.J. - May 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Coast Guard crew has rescued two Upper Darby residents from the hull of a boat that capsized in waters off New Jersey.
Forty-one-year-old Lee Cuong of Lester and 42-year-old Hai Lee were the only two people aboard the 19-foot boat, which capsized early Sunday morning in the mouth of the Shark River near Asbury Park.
Neither person was injured, but it was not immediately known what caused the boat to capsize.
A Belmar police officer notified the Coast Guard around 2:20 a.m. that two people were on the boat's overturned hull and waving their arms.
A 25-foot response boat-small crew from the Shark River station rescued the pair around 2:30 a.m. and brought them back to the station, where they declined medical attention.
new jersey, monmouth county, water rescue, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!