Pa. couple rescued after boat capsizes in NJ
ASBURY PARK, N.J. - May 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Coast Guard crew has rescued two Upper Darby residents from the hull of a boat that capsized in waters off New Jersey.
Forty-one-year-old Lee Cuong of Lester and 42-year-old Hai Lee were the only two people aboard the 19-foot boat, which capsized early Sunday morning in the mouth of the Shark River near Asbury Park.
Neither person was injured, but it was not immediately known what caused the boat to capsize.
A Belmar police officer notified the Coast Guard around 2:20 a.m. that two people were on the boat's overturned hull and waving their arms.
A 25-foot response boat-small crew from the Shark River station rescued the pair around 2:30 a.m. and brought them back to the station, where they declined medical attention.
new jersey, monmouth county, water rescue, local/state
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia couple stabbed in their home, son arrested 46 min ago
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos