Pa. couple rescued after boat capsizes in NJ
ASBURY PARK, N.J. - May 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Coast Guard crew has rescued two Upper Darby residents from the hull of a boat that capsized in waters off New Jersey.
Forty-one-year-old Lee Cuong of Lester and 42-year-old Hai Lee were the only two people aboard the 19-foot boat, which capsized early Sunday morning in the mouth of the Shark River near Asbury Park.
Neither person was injured, but it was not immediately known what caused the boat to capsize.
A Belmar police officer notified the Coast Guard around 2:20 a.m. that two people were on the boat's overturned hull and waving their arms.
A 25-foot response boat-small crew from the Shark River station rescued the pair around 2:30 a.m. and brought them back to the station, where they declined medical attention.
new jersey, monmouth county, water rescue, local/state
- Photos: Pictures of Wawa car theft suspects 38 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 53 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park 36 min ago
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 33 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Sunoco moving to Delco, Citibank leaving Philly