Lower Merion police investigate CVS robbery
LOWER MERION, Pa. - May 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Lower Merion police are investigating the armed robbery of a CVS Pharmacy early Monday morning on City Avenue.
The robbery happened around 5:45 a.m. at the CVS Pharmacy, located at the intersection of City Avenue and Bryn Mawr Avenue.
Officers from Lower Merion Township combed the scene searching for clues and gathering evidence.
The 24-hour pharmacy opened last fall and we are told it was robbed in December. In this case, police say the two armed men removed cash from a safe and then fled in an unknown direction.
Then around 6:15 a.m., police surrounded a vehicle, which they thought held the suspects, at the intersection of City Avenue and Monument Road. Traffic at the intersection was shutdown as officers conducted their investigation. However, after questioning and checking identification, the individuals being held were released.
The CVS is back open after being closed for several hours Monday morning. Luckily, no one was injured in the incident.
The first suspect is described as a black male, standing approximately 5'10" to 6' tall, wearing a green hooded sweatshirt, green sweatpants, and a black bandana over his face. He was armed with a black semi-automatic handgun.
The second suspect's race is unknown to police, but they say he had a skinny build and was slightly taller than the first suspect. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants, black bandana over his face, black sneakers, and black and yellow gloves.
If you have any information you are asked to call Lower Merion Township police.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, robbery, cvs, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 6 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape 42 min ago