Lower Merion police investigate CVS robbery
LOWER MERION, Pa. - May 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Lower Merion police are investigating the armed robbery of a CVS Pharmacy early Monday morning on City Avenue.
The robbery happened around 5:45 a.m. at the CVS Pharmacy, located at the intersection of City Avenue and Bryn Mawr Avenue.
Officers from Lower Merion Township combed the scene searching for clues and gathering evidence.
The 24-hour pharmacy opened last fall and we are told it was robbed in December. In this case, police say the two armed men removed cash from a safe and then fled in an unknown direction.
Then around 6:15 a.m., police surrounded a vehicle, which they thought held the suspects, at the intersection of City Avenue and Monument Road. Traffic at the intersection was shutdown as officers conducted their investigation. However, after questioning and checking identification, the individuals being held were released.
The CVS is back open after being closed for several hours Monday morning. Luckily, no one was injured in the incident.
The first suspect is described as a black male, standing approximately 5'10" to 6' tall, wearing a green hooded sweatshirt, green sweatpants, and a black bandana over his face. He was armed with a black semi-automatic handgun.
The second suspect's race is unknown to police, but they say he had a skinny build and was slightly taller than the first suspect. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants, black bandana over his face, black sneakers, and black and yellow gloves.
If you have any information you are asked to call Lower Merion Township police.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, robbery, cvs, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 26 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 30 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies