Lower Merion police investigate CVS robbery
LOWER MERION, Pa. - May 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Lower Merion police are investigating the armed robbery of a CVS Pharmacy early Monday morning on City Avenue.
The robbery happened around 5:45 a.m. at the CVS Pharmacy, located at the intersection of City Avenue and Bryn Mawr Avenue.
Officers from Lower Merion Township combed the scene searching for clues and gathering evidence.
The 24-hour pharmacy opened last fall and we are told it was robbed in December. In this case, police say the two armed men removed cash from a safe and then fled in an unknown direction.
Then around 6:15 a.m., police surrounded a vehicle, which they thought held the suspects, at the intersection of City Avenue and Monument Road. Traffic at the intersection was shutdown as officers conducted their investigation. However, after questioning and checking identification, the individuals being held were released.
The CVS is back open after being closed for several hours Monday morning. Luckily, no one was injured in the incident.
The first suspect is described as a black male, standing approximately 5'10" to 6' tall, wearing a green hooded sweatshirt, green sweatpants, and a black bandana over his face. He was armed with a black semi-automatic handgun.
The second suspect's race is unknown to police, but they say he had a skinny build and was slightly taller than the first suspect. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants, black bandana over his face, black sneakers, and black and yellow gloves.
If you have any information you are asked to call Lower Merion Township police.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, robbery, cvs, local/state
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 14 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 7 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack 55 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution'
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
14 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off...
7 min ago