Mystery substance prompts Hazmat response in N. Phila.
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Hazmat crews are investigating a mysterious substance found in North Philadelphia.
Emergency crews were called out shortly before 10:30 a.m. Monday to the 1500 block of West Girard Avenue.
A nearby building was evacuated while crews investigated the substance.
There are no reports of injuries at this time.
The nature of the substance is not clear.
Stay with Action News and 6abc.com as more information becomes available.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, hazmat, local/state
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 9 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide 9 min ago
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall 18 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
9 min ago