NJ flags at half-staff to honor Navy officer
TRENTON, N.J. - May 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Gov. Chris Christie has ordered flags at all state buildings to be flown at half-staff to honor a fallen Navy lieutenant.
The flags will be lowered Monday in tribute Christopher E. Mosko. The 28-year-old died during combat operations in Afghanistan late last month.
Flags were flown at half-staff in New York last month to honor Mosko, who was assigned as a Navy Ordnance Disposal Platoon Commander to the Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force. He was stationed in San Diego.
Mosko went to high school in Wisconsin and was a 2007 graduate of Drexel University in Philadelphia.
new jersey, military, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book