NJ flags at half-staff to honor Navy officer
TRENTON, N.J. - May 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Gov. Chris Christie has ordered flags at all state buildings to be flown at half-staff to honor a fallen Navy lieutenant.
The flags will be lowered Monday in tribute Christopher E. Mosko. The 28-year-old died during combat operations in Afghanistan late last month.
Flags were flown at half-staff in New York last month to honor Mosko, who was assigned as a Navy Ordnance Disposal Platoon Commander to the Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force. He was stationed in San Diego.
Mosko went to high school in Wisconsin and was a 2007 graduate of Drexel University in Philadelphia.
new jersey, military, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 22 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more