Arrest made in Phila. restaurant burglaries
PHILADELPHIA - May 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say they have made an arrest in connection with two restaurant burglaries.
Thanh Tran, 41, from the 1900 block of South 17th Street, was arrested on Friday, hours after surveillance video of the crimes was released.
Than is charged for burglaries at the Pho Ha Saigon Restaurant at 320 Oregon Avenue and at the Bunh Mi Viet French Restaurant at 330 Oregon Avenue.
The most recent burglary happened at Pho Ha Saigon at 12:10 a.m. on Wednesday. Police say Tran pried open the door and, once inside, took $200 in cash from the register. Tran also allegedly also tried to open the safe, but was unsuccessful.
This burglary was captured on surveillance video, which was released on Friday.
The previous incident happened around 1:20 a.m. Monday at the Bunh Mi Viet French Restaurant. In that incident, police say Tran took $3,050 from both the cash register and the safe.
Tran is charged with burglary and related offenses.
philadelphia, burglary, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 4 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 3 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 34 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 32 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 24 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos