2 NJ inmates escape from cemetery detail
WRIGHTSTOWN, N.J. - May 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say they have captured two inmates who walked away from work detail at a Burlington County cemetery.
The inmates were working at the General William Doyle Cemetery in the 300 block of Provinceline Road in Wrightstown on Monday.
The men, part of an eight man work detail from Mid-State Correctional Facility at Fort Dix, walked away around 12:55 p.m.
They are identified as 27-year-old Joseph Brandt and 42-year-old Terrence Feeney.
Authorities say Feeney was apprehended by Berkeley police on route 9 around 4:30 p.m.
Brandt was apprehended by Manchester Township police shortly after 7:00 p.m. on route 539.
Feeney was locked up on drug, robbery and theft charge, while Brandt was being held on assault, robbery and burglary charges.
Both are now back in custody.
new jersey, burlington county, prison escape, local/state
- Firefighters rescue 3 children from Southwest Philadelphia house fire 24 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- North Philadephia man arrested for firing shots at police 3 min ago
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos