2 NJ inmates escape from cemetery detail
WRIGHTSTOWN, N.J. - May 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say they have captured two inmates who walked away from work detail at a Burlington County cemetery.
The inmates were working at the General William Doyle Cemetery in the 300 block of Provinceline Road in Wrightstown on Monday.
The men, part of an eight man work detail from Mid-State Correctional Facility at Fort Dix, walked away around 12:55 p.m.
They are identified as 27-year-old Joseph Brandt and 42-year-old Terrence Feeney.
Authorities say Feeney was apprehended by Berkeley police on route 9 around 4:30 p.m.
Brandt was apprehended by Manchester Township police shortly after 7:00 p.m. on route 539.
Feeney was locked up on drug, robbery and theft charge, while Brandt was being held on assault, robbery and burglary charges.
Both are now back in custody.
new jersey, burlington county, prison escape, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 54 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 11 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 45 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion 57 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 1 min ago
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
20 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
54 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
45 min ago