2 NJ inmates escape from cemetery detail
WRIGHTSTOWN, N.J. - May 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say they have captured two inmates who walked away from work detail at a Burlington County cemetery.
The inmates were working at the General William Doyle Cemetery in the 300 block of Provinceline Road in Wrightstown on Monday.
The men, part of an eight man work detail from Mid-State Correctional Facility at Fort Dix, walked away around 12:55 p.m.
They are identified as 27-year-old Joseph Brandt and 42-year-old Terrence Feeney.
Authorities say Feeney was apprehended by Berkeley police on route 9 around 4:30 p.m.
Brandt was apprehended by Manchester Township police shortly after 7:00 p.m. on route 539.
Feeney was locked up on drug, robbery and theft charge, while Brandt was being held on assault, robbery and burglary charges.
Both are now back in custody.
new jersey, burlington county, prison escape, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker 24 min ago
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
37 min ago