Suspect sought in Broad Street attempted robbery
PHILADELPHIA - May 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the suspect in an attempted bank robbery on South Broad Street.
Police say a male suspect entered the Citizens Bank located at 2001 South Broad Street at 2:15 p.m. Monday.
According to authorities, the suspect presented a teller with a threatening note.
After an unsuccessful attempt in obtaining money, the suspect fled the bank in an unknown direction.
He is described as a black male, 30 years-of-age, medium build with a beard. He was wearing a white shirt, brown hat and glasses.
Anyone with information is asked to call 215-686-TIPS (8477).
philadelphia, bank robbery, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash 46 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Snow today, heavy at times
32 min ago