Final farewell to Bucks Co. fire police captain
BRISTOL, Pa. - May 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County fire police captain was laid to rest Monday.
A long line of mourners filed in to Saint Mark Church in Bristol to say goodbye to David Wintz.
Wintz died Wednesday after responding to a fire at Dow Chemical's Rohm and Haas plant in the 3200 block of State Road in Bristol.
He went home after falling ill, and later died of cardiac arrest.
After Monday's service, Wintz was buried at the Resurrection Cemetery.
"He's been there for us. He's out there whenever the borough's needed assistance with anything, all of the events, the fires," Bristol Fire Company Deputy Chief Francis Hufnell told Action News last week. "It's a great loss for the community."
pennsylvania, lightning, fire, bucks county, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 1 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 2 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
14 min ago
- Woman shot while sleeping in South...
1 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos