Police: Bucks man kept $69,000 bank mistake
BENSALEM, Pa. - May 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a Bucks County man has been arrested for failing to return more than $69,000 that was accidentally deposited into his bank account.
Joseph Bucci, 22, of the 3300 block of West End Avenue in Trevose has been charged with theft and receiving stolen property. Both are third degree felonies.
Bensalem Township Police say $69,300 was accidentally deposited into Bucci's account at Wells Fargo Bank. By the time the bank caught the error, police say, only $2,000 remained in Bucci's account.
Bucci allegedly spent the money on food, clothing, furniture, a vehicle, airline tickets and a pet dog.
Bucci turned himself into police Tuesday and was arraigned.
The judge ordered him released on $25,000 unsecured bail.
pennsylvania, theft, bucks county, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos