Calif. man arrested in NJ $1M pot bust
DELRAN, N.J. - May 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A California man has been charged with shipping $1-million worth of marijuana into Burlington County, officials say.
Thomas Arnold, 55, of Santa Barbara, California, was charged with Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance and Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance with Intent to Distribute.
Officials say Arnold had made arrangements to have the marijuana shipped from California to a public storage facility in Delran.
Arnold was arrested on May 16 after the container arrived at the facility.
Inside the container were 15 large boxes of high-grade marijuana weighing a total of approximately 250 pounds, police say.
Arnold is in the Burlington County Jail on $250,000 bail.
new jersey, california, burlington county, marijuana, local/state
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death 1 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 43 min ago
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty 42 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain 29 min ago
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie 39 min ago
- Down At The Shore