Calif. man arrested in NJ $1M pot bust
DELRAN, N.J. - May 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A California man has been charged with shipping $1-million worth of marijuana into Burlington County, officials say.
Thomas Arnold, 55, of Santa Barbara, California, was charged with Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance and Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance with Intent to Distribute.
Officials say Arnold had made arrangements to have the marijuana shipped from California to a public storage facility in Delran.
Arnold was arrested on May 16 after the container arrived at the facility.
Inside the container were 15 large boxes of high-grade marijuana weighing a total of approximately 250 pounds, police say.
Arnold is in the Burlington County Jail on $250,000 bail.
new jersey, california, burlington county, marijuana, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ