Two arrested in Montco, Bucks home burglaries
HATFIELD, Pa. - May 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two suspects have been arrested in connection with a string of residential break-ins in Montgomery and Bucks counties.
Authorities charged Kristin Anne Leidy of Hatfield and Joshua Ryan Siringhaus of Lansdale with Burglary, Criminal Attempt Burglary, Criminal Trespass, Theft by Unlawful Taking, and related offenses. .
According to investigators, Leidy would knock on the door of a house to see if anyone was home and Siringhaus would break in if there was no answer, stealing jewelry and cash.
If someone answered the door, they claimed to be looking for their lost dog or used another excuse to explain why they had knocked at the residence.
The couple is behind held on $500,000 bail and remain at the Montgomery County Correctional Facility.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, bucks county, break-in, burglary, local/state
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose