1 dead in daylight Olney shooting
OLNEY - May 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- One man is dead after a shooting in the Olney section of Philadelphia.
The shooting happened around 8:00 a.m. in the 500 block of Geneva Avenue.
When police arrived they found the victim, a 20-year-old man. Police say the victim is a "John Doe" as they work to identify him.
The suspect was last see fleeing in a green BMW X5 SUV with a New York license plate.
Police say the suspect may have been wearing a green striped shirt.
The investigation continues.
philadelphia, olney, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 31 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more