Trash truck fire closes NB Rt. 100 in Delaware
ELSMERE, Del. - May 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- A trash truck fire has shut down the northbound lanes of Route 100, also known as South DuPont Road, in Elsmere, Delaware.
The fire broke out inside the truck before 9:40 a.m. Wednesday. The driver dumped the burning load onto South DuPont Road.
Firefighters responded to the scene and closed the road in both directions as they fought the fire.
Southbound lanes were reopened by 11:00 a.m., but fire officials say the northbound side will remain closed until 1:00 p.m. as crews work to clear the road of debris.
No injuries have been reported.
delaware, fire, travel, local/state
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday 41 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 23 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 38 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 24 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Bitter Blast Thursday
41 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
38 min ago
- Police: Camden Man robbed 5 banks in 1 month
39 min ago
- Person, cat rescued from New Castle fire
40 min ago