Trash truck fire closes NB Rt. 100 in Delaware
ELSMERE, Del. - May 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- A trash truck fire has shut down the northbound lanes of Route 100, also known as South DuPont Road, in Elsmere, Delaware.
The fire broke out inside the truck before 9:40 a.m. Wednesday. The driver dumped the burning load onto South DuPont Road.
Firefighters responded to the scene and closed the road in both directions as they fought the fire.
Southbound lanes were reopened by 11:00 a.m., but fire officials say the northbound side will remain closed until 1:00 p.m. as crews work to clear the road of debris.
No injuries have been reported.
delaware, fire, travel, local/state
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police