Lightning strike causes Chester Co. mall closure
EXTON, Pa. - May 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Chester County fire officials say a lightning strike forced an early closure of the Exton Square Mall.
Fire crews responded to the mall, located at 260 Exton Square Mall, just after 6:30 p.m. after a report of smoke coming from inside.
Thunderstorms were occurring in the area at the time of the incident.
No one was hurt, but the mall had to close early for the evening.
The incident was quickly brought under control.
The mall is expected to be reopened tomorrow.
West Whiteland fire officials say eight buildings, including the mall were struck by lightning.
No injuries and no structural damage reported, but power outages were reported.
700 customers lost power, but PECO says all power is back on.
pennsylvania, chester county, lightning, local/state
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington 1 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death 45 min ago
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch 1 min ago
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's 25 min ago
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as...
1 min ago