Lightning strike causes Chester Co. mall closure
EXTON, Pa. - May 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Chester County fire officials say a lightning strike forced an early closure of the Exton Square Mall.
Fire crews responded to the mall, located at 260 Exton Square Mall, just after 6:30 p.m. after a report of smoke coming from inside.
Thunderstorms were occurring in the area at the time of the incident.
No one was hurt, but the mall had to close early for the evening.
The incident was quickly brought under control.
The mall is expected to be reopened tomorrow.
West Whiteland fire officials say eight buildings, including the mall were struck by lightning.
No injuries and no structural damage reported, but power outages were reported.
700 customers lost power, but PECO says all power is back on.
pennsylvania, chester county, lightning, local/state
- At least 11 hurt in East Harlem building explosion 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 49 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money 26 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death