Firefighters rescue elderly woman from burning apartment
LOGAN - May 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police and firefighters had to pull an elderly woman from a burning apartment in the Logan section of Philadelphia.
The blaze broke out at about 5:30 on Thursday morning on the 5100 block of North Camac Street.
When firefighters arrived they found smoke and flames spitting out of the second floor of the three-story structure.
After crews heard about a woman trapped in the building, they went in to find her.
They rescued her from the basement apartment.
She is being treated for smoke inhalation.
There's no word on her exact condition or on the cause of the fire.
Firefighters gained control of the fire in about a half hour.
All of the building's residents have been evacuated.
Medic crews are examining them, and the Red Cross is looking for temporary shelter.
philadelphia, logan, fire, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 37 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 40 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 29 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
37 min ago
- Group calls on Phila. City Council for...
35 min ago