Firefighters rescue elderly woman from burning apartment
LOGAN - May 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police and firefighters had to pull an elderly woman from a burning apartment in the Logan section of Philadelphia.
The blaze broke out at about 5:30 on Thursday morning on the 5100 block of North Camac Street.
When firefighters arrived they found smoke and flames spitting out of the second floor of the three-story structure.
After crews heard about a woman trapped in the building, they went in to find her.
They rescued her from the basement apartment.
She is being treated for smoke inhalation.
There's no word on her exact condition or on the cause of the fire.
Firefighters gained control of the fire in about a half hour.
All of the building's residents have been evacuated.
Medic crews are examining them, and the Red Cross is looking for temporary shelter.
philadelphia, logan, fire, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ