Firefighters rescue elderly woman from burning apartment
LOGAN - May 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police and firefighters had to pull an elderly woman from a burning apartment in the Logan section of Philadelphia.
The blaze broke out at about 5:30 on Thursday morning on the 5100 block of North Camac Street.
When firefighters arrived they found smoke and flames spitting out of the second floor of the three-story structure.
After crews heard about a woman trapped in the building, they went in to find her.
They rescued her from the basement apartment.
She is being treated for smoke inhalation.
There's no word on her exact condition or on the cause of the fire.
Firefighters gained control of the fire in about a half hour.
All of the building's residents have been evacuated.
Medic crews are examining them, and the Red Cross is looking for temporary shelter.
philadelphia, logan, fire, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus 1 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
16 min ago