Body found in firehouse after fiery dump truck crash
LOWER SAUCON, Pa. - May 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Northampton County fire station caught fire and burned after a dump truck crashed into it Thursday.
Late Thursday, a body was found in the rubble of the firehouse.
It appears the dump truck struck another vehicle with the impact sending both vehicles into the firehouse.
The victim was in the vehicle hit by the dump truck.
The injured dump truck driver, 42 year old Michael Thomas is being treated at Lehigh Valley Hospital in stable condition.
It happened Thursday before 1:00 p.m. at the Leithsville Fire Company in the 1900 block of Leithsville Road in Lower Saucon Township.
Fire erupted almost immediately after the dump truck struck the building and the flames quickly spread. A second alarm was struck at 1:04 p.m. and a third alarm some time before 3:00 p.m.
The fire was placed under control just before 3:30 p.m.
One person was taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital to be treated for burns. No word on that person's condition.
The fire company says it lost three fire trucks in the blaze.
pennsylvania, fire, northampton county, local/state
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 25 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 31 min ago
- Person possibly struck by train in Center City 14 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice 47 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
31 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos