Armed man shot by police in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - May 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is in critical condition after being shot by police in West Philadelphia.
The incident occurred along the 400 block of North 53rd Street around 3:40 p.m.
Police responded for the report of a man with a gun.
Officials say when officers encountered the man, at some point, he produced the gun, resulting in police shooting the suspect.
The man managed to run into a local business and was then transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for care.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, police, shooting, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes 4 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Nearly 1 foot fo snow in parts of Delaware
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 15 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands