Car crashes after driver shot in Tioga-Nicetown
TIOGA-NICETOWN - May 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a shooting and crash in the Tioga-Nicetown section of the city.
It happened around 10:30 p.m. Thursday at Hunting Park Avenue and Westmoreland Street.
Police say a 40-year-old man was shot in the head and abdomen, then crashed his car.
He was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
The man's name has not yet been released.
An investigation into this shooting continues.
philadelphia, tioga, nicetown, shooting, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 32 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 19 min ago