Chester school board pres. fined over teacher fight
CHESTER, Pa. - May 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- The president of a southeastern Pennsylvania school board must pay a $300 fine over a fight with a teacher.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports Chester Upland School Board President Wanda Mann was convicted Thursday of harassment for her role in the fight with teacher Leslye Jordan in March.
Mann and Jordan each said the confrontation started over a complaint Jordan made in January that she'd been assaulted by a student. Each blamed the other for starting the fight, but Jordan was not charged.
Both women sustained minor injuries in the scuffle.
Mann remains in her position on the board.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times
pennsylvania, chester, school, fight, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 14 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 47 min ago
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco 58 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 37 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
39 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg...
37 min ago
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
34 min ago
- Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
3 min ago