I-476 reopened late Friday after truck fire
RADNOR TWP., Pa. - May 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- The southbound Blue Route reopened to traffic late Friday night after a tractor trailer carrying 10,000 pounds of frozen french fries caught fire.
The incident happened sometime after 4:00 p.m., in the middle of the busy Friday afternoon rush hour leading up to the Memorial Day holiday weekend.
Images from Chopper 6 HD over the scene showed the front part of the tractor trailer heavily damaged by fire.
As many as 12 pieces of fire and rescue equipment were on the scene as crews worked to put out the fire. There were no reports of injuries.
All southbound lanes of I-476 were closed at Route 30 after the incident and remained shut down most of the night. It was finally reopened just before 11:00pm.
pennsylvania, accident, fire, delaware county, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos