2 critical after motorcycle struck by hit-and-run SUV
PHILADELPHIA - May 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say a man and woman were critically injured when their motorcycle was struck by a hit and run driver in the city's Feltonville section.
Investigators say it was around 11:10 p.m. Friday when the motorcycle carrying the victims stopped at the intersection of A Street and Wyoming Avenue. That's when an SUV rear-ended the motorcycle.
The impact ejected the 21-year-old female victim onto the roadway. The 31-year-old male victim became lodged beneath the SUV. The SUV then pulled away from the scene, dragging the male victim several blocks before he finally fell off on the 4600 block of Tampa Street.
Both victims were rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center in critical condition. The woman sustained a broken pelvis and injuries to both legs. There is no word on the severity of the male victim's injuries.
Police say they are looking for a green-colored Ford Expedition with tinted windows and tail lights. The vehicle also has high intensity blue head lights.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215 685 3180.
feltonville, accident, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted local schools 25 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!