Boater feared missing near Fort Dix
BORDENTOWN, N.J. - May 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fort Dix officials are investigating the discovery of a grounded boat, which has sparked concerns of a possible missing boater.
Authorities were called at 5:30 p.m. Saturday with the report of a grounded boat on Meadow Lake. The engine was running when the boat was discovered, but no one was on board.
A search for the boat operator turned up empty. That's when Fort Dix officials called in additional support from the Bordentown Township Marine Unit. Authorities believe only one person was on board the boat.
The family of the boat owner has been contacted as the search continues. The boater's identity has not been released.
burlington county, new jersey, fort dix, water rescue, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 30 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 29 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 17 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest