Motorcyclist falls 40-feet from I-95 in N. Liberties
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - May 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A motorcycle rider is in critical condition after he flew off the side of I-95 in Philadelphia's Northern Liberties section Saturday night.
The crash happened just before 6:00 p.m. near Callowhill Street.
Pennsylvania State Police say the 35-year-old man lost control while trying to exit onto the westbound Vine Street Expressway and hit a wall. He was then thrown to the pavement 40 feet below the highway.
The accident is still under investigation.
northern liberties, philadelphia, accident, motorcycles, local/state
- 911 calls from Newtown, CT shooting released 12 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today 59 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion