Man struck while crossing I-95 in Delaware
NEWPORT, Del. (AP) - May 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Castle County fire board official says an SUV hit a man who was trying to cross Interstate 95.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports that officials at the scene Sunday afternoon say the driver of a Ford Expedition tried to swerve to avoid hitting the male victim trying to cross I-95 south near the merge with Interstate 495, but was unable to avoid a crash.
Officials say the man was taken to Christiana Hospital, but he was conscious when emergency crews treated him at the scene.
All lanes are open, and there is a minimal slowdown on the roadway.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del.
delaware, new castle county, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Bicyclist shoots man in face in SW Philadelphia 8 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought 24 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris 29 min ago
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place 30 min ago
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc