Man struck while crossing I-95 in Delaware
NEWPORT, Del. (AP) - May 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Castle County fire board official says an SUV hit a man who was trying to cross Interstate 95.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports that officials at the scene Sunday afternoon say the driver of a Ford Expedition tried to swerve to avoid hitting the male victim trying to cross I-95 south near the merge with Interstate 495, but was unable to avoid a crash.
Officials say the man was taken to Christiana Hospital, but he was conscious when emergency crews treated him at the scene.
All lanes are open, and there is a minimal slowdown on the roadway.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del.
delaware, new castle county, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 45 min ago
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ