Wynnefield apartment fire deemed 'suspicious'
WYNNEFIELD - May 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A fire marshal is investigating a suspicious apartment building fire in Philadelphia overnight.
Flames broke out around 1:15 a.m. Monday at the complex located on the 2400 block of North 50th Street in the city's Wynnefield section.
Officials say the fire was started in the third floor hallway.
Fire crews evacuated the building as a precaution. The flames were placed under control at 1:22 a.m..
There were no reported of injuries.
The fire remains under investigation.
wynnefield, philadelphia, fire, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm 20 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 46 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 40 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes 34 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery 59 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Tracking Weekend Storm
20 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos