Wynnefield apartment fire deemed 'suspicious'
WYNNEFIELD - May 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A fire marshal is investigating a suspicious apartment building fire in Philadelphia overnight.
Flames broke out around 1:15 a.m. Monday at the complex located on the 2400 block of North 50th Street in the city's Wynnefield section.
Officials say the fire was started in the third floor hallway.
Fire crews evacuated the building as a precaution. The flames were placed under control at 1:22 a.m..
There were no reported of injuries.
The fire remains under investigation.
wynnefield, philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 43 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 2 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act