Philly school closed Tuesday due to sprinkler malfunction
PHILADELPHIA - May 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia charter school will not have classes Tuesday due to problems with the facility's sprinkler system.
The Antonia Pantoja Charter School, located on the 4100 block of N American Street will be closed tomorrow.
According to a released from the school's principal, the school experienced electrical problems in the mechanical room, which activated the sprinkler system over the holiday weekend.
The school will be closed to students as minor repairs are completed.
Staff is to report to the school cafeteria at 8:00 Tuesday morning.
Parents to contact the main office at 215-329-2733 Tuesday afternoon for further information.
philadelphia, school, local/state
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 32 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor