Man dies after Roosevelt Boulevard crash
HUNTING PARK - May 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 25-year-old man is dead after his car overturned on the southbound lanes of Roosevelt Boulevard Monday night.
The accident happened shortly after 7:00 p.m. at 9th Street and the Boulevard in the Hunting Park section of Philadelphia.
Police say a vehicle overturned in the southbound lanes, trapping the driver inside.
View Photos: Website Visitors / Wireless or App Visitors
Police and medics responded and pulled the 25-year-old man from the wreckage.
He was rushed by medics to Albert Einstein Medical Center in critical condition. He was pronounced dead a short time later.
There is no word on what caused the man to lose control.
Southbound Roosevelt Boulevard was closed for close to an hour.
Police continue to investigate.
philadelphia, hunting park, accident, local/state
- Lots of clouds, damp today 28 min ago
- Storm Tracker 6 and AccuWeather 5 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport