Man dies after Roosevelt Boulevard crash
HUNTING PARK - May 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 25-year-old man is dead after his car overturned on the southbound lanes of Roosevelt Boulevard Monday night.
The accident happened shortly after 7:00 p.m. at 9th Street and the Boulevard in the Hunting Park section of Philadelphia.
Police say a vehicle overturned in the southbound lanes, trapping the driver inside.
View Photos: Website Visitors / Wireless or App Visitors
Police and medics responded and pulled the 25-year-old man from the wreckage.
He was rushed by medics to Albert Einstein Medical Center in critical condition. He was pronounced dead a short time later.
There is no word on what caused the man to lose control.
Southbound Roosevelt Boulevard was closed for close to an hour.
Police continue to investigate.
philadelphia, hunting park, accident, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting 49 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 6 min ago
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
6 min ago