80-year-old struck on Roosevelt Boulevard
MAYFAIR - May 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating an accident in Mayfair that left an elderly man in critical condition.
It happened just after 2:00 p.m. at Roosevelt Boulevard and Tyson Avenue.
Police say an 80-year-old man was crossing the intersection when he was struck by a vehicle going southbound on the Boulevard.
The man was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center in critical condition.
Police say the striking vehicle did stop and no charges are expected.
philadelphia, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies