Garden State Parkway cleared after truck crash in Burlco
BASS RIVER TWP., N.J. - May 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- An overturned truck blocked part of the southbound Garden State Parkway this morning.
The accident happened around 6:15 a.m. just north of the New Gretna tolls in Bass River Township, Burlington County.
The truck driver was trapped for a time, but rescue workers were able to successfully extricate him from the cab.
Rescue crews took the driver to the hospital to be checked out, but luckily he was not seriously hurt.
Traffic on the Parkway was impacted until after noon Wednesday while crews worked to clear the scene. The lanes have since fully reopened.
There is no word on what led to the accident.
burlington county, new jersey, accident, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 27 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 8 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 52 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 44 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ