Garden State Parkway cleared after truck crash in Burlco
BASS RIVER TWP., N.J. - May 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- An overturned truck blocked part of the southbound Garden State Parkway this morning.
The accident happened around 6:15 a.m. just north of the New Gretna tolls in Bass River Township, Burlington County.
The truck driver was trapped for a time, but rescue workers were able to successfully extricate him from the cab.
Rescue crews took the driver to the hospital to be checked out, but luckily he was not seriously hurt.
Traffic on the Parkway was impacted until after noon Wednesday while crews worked to clear the scene. The lanes have since fully reopened.
There is no word on what led to the accident.
burlington county, new jersey, accident, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion 46 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday 22 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 52 min ago
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill 54 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 41 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
46 min ago
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East...
52 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts...
41 min ago
- SPCA rescues abandoned dog in Germantown
45 min ago